What if I believe that my assessment is incorrect?

Property owners should check their assessment record to see if any errors in data or property characteristics are present. The Assessor will correct errors if found.

If property owners are not satisfied with the results, they may apply for a hearing with the Board of Assessment Appeals (BAA) pursuant to Connecticut General Statute (C.G.S.) §12-111. Applications may be obtained at the Assessor's Office or on the Town's website. Appeals to the Board must be in writing on the prescribed application and postmarked or hand-delivered to the designated BAA office in Town Hall on or before February 20th.

Show All Answers

1. Contact Us
2. How do I correct an error on my property?
3. What is a mill rate?
4. How has the market value of a property been determined?
5. What is the difference between assessed value and market value?
6. What is my "fair share" of property tax?
7. How do I obtain information on a property in Greenwich?
8. What if I believe that my assessment is incorrect?
9. What is a revaluation?
10. When and where can I file for Senior Homeowner Tax Relief Benefits?
11. How do I apply for Veteran's benefits?
12. How did you arrive at the value of my automobile?