How do I cancel my motor vehicle registration?

Registration cancellation for motor vehicles must be done through the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles. (DMV)  Once the registration is cancelled please notify the Assessor office at 203-622-7885 ( so the tax liability may be adjusted.

Show All Answers

1. Contact us
2. What are the office hours?
3. How do I check online to see if Real Estate, Motor Vehicle or Personal Property tax has been paid?
4. What is a Mill Rate?
5. How is the Mill Rate determined?
6. When is tax payment due?
7. What if I have not received a tax bill?
8. Can I pay tax online?
9. How does motor vehicle/supplemental motor vehicle tax work?
10. How do I check to see if a motor vehicle registration is current?
11. How do I check to see if there are outstanding Compliance issues (Property Tax, Parking Tickets, Emissions Testing, Insurance Requirements) before registration renewal?
12. How do I cancel my motor vehicle registration?
13. How do I change my motor vehicle billing address?
14. What if I no longer own a motor vehicle that I received a tax bill for?
15. What if I am delinquent on motor vehicle tax and need a DMV release?
16. What town do I pay motor vehicle tax to if I move within Connecticut?
17. May multiple tax bills be paid with one check?
18. Does the Town of Greenwich offer property tax relief for senior residents?
19. Does the Town of Greenwich offer a tax exemption for veterans?
20. What is a Tax Sale?
21. Terms and Definitions