I need an absentee ballot because I will be out of town. How do I obtain one?

The Registrars of Voters do not issue Absentee Ballots.  We do not track receipt of absentee ballots.  We do not handle overseas ballots.

All of these items are handled by the Town Clerk’s Office.    Please call them at 

203-622-7897  or email tclerk@greenwichct.org

The Secretary of the State has issued an interpretation of "illness" during the COVID 19 pandemic. This may affect your ability to obtain an absentee ballot.  Please read more regarding the interpretation here.

Applications for Absentee Ballots can be requested by visiting the Town Clerk’s office at the Town Hall or by calling 203.622.7897 or online by clicking this link.  Applications are available in English and Spanish.

Completed applications should be mailed to the Town Clerk’s office at 101 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830

Applications may also be delivered in person.

Once the application is received by the Town Clerk, she will mail the ballot to the address specified on your application.

Show All Answers

1. Am I already registered to vote? How can I check my voter registration status?
2. Not registered? Or moved within town? How do I register or make changes to my registration?
3. How can I check my party affiliation? How can I change my party affiliation?
4. Where do I vote? How do I find my polling place?
5. I need an absentee ballot because I will be out of town. How do I obtain one?
6. How do I check the status of my absentee ballot?
7. When are the polls open?
8. What are the key dates for the November 7, 2023 Election?
9. Will I ever have to re-register?
10. I moved out of town. How do I remove myself from the voter list?
11. Can I register to vote before I am 18?
12. I am from Greenwich and attending college in Connecticut (or in another state), how do I vote back in my hometown?
13. How can I help out on election day?
14. Who can vote in a primary election?
15. Contact Us