What are my property setbacks?

Building Zone "setbacks" (required yards) are required for all structures (buildings, sheds, swimming pools, tennis courts, air-conditioner condensing units, generators, above ground tanks, pool equipment, etc.) Refer to Section 6-203 and 6-205 of the Building Zone Regulations (PDF) as a guide; actual setbacks are determined only by submission of a Class A-2 Survey Map showing all current conditions on the property to the Zoning Enforcement Office.

Show All Answers

1. Contact Us
2. What are my property setbacks?
3. My neighbor is operating a business from his residential property. Is it legal?
4. How do I find a plot plan?
5. When is floor area ratio (FAR) data required as I apply for a building permit? How must this information be presented?
6. What are the requirements for fences?
7. What does as as-built grade plane condition on my building permit mean?
8. My neighbor is parking/storing his boat, motor home, trailer etc, in his yard. Is that legal?
9. My neighbor is excavating an area I feel is wetlands. What can be done?
10. What does an as-built floor area ratio condition on my building permit mean?