How do I apply for Veteran's benefits?

Veterans who file their DD-214 papers with the Town Clerk prior to October 1st of each year will receive a property tax exemption on either real estate or a motor vehicle.

A Veteran who is entitled to a disability pension, as determined by the Veterans Administration, is eligible for a Disabled Veterans Exemption. 

Members of the armed forces on active duty may be eligible to have one passenger motor vehicle exempt from property tax.

Please contact the Assessor's Office for further information.

Show All Answers

1. Contact Us
2. How do I correct an error on my property?
3. What is a mill rate?
4. How has the market value of a property been determined?
5. What is the difference between assessed value and market value?
6. What is my "fair share" of property tax?
7. How do I obtain information on a property in Greenwich?
8. What if I believe that my assessment is incorrect?
9. What is a revaluation?
10. When and where can I file for Senior Homeowner Tax Relief Benefits?
11. How do I apply for Veteran's benefits?
12. How did you arrive at the value of my automobile?