What are the Coastal Area Management regulations?

The Coastal Overlay Zone is established in accordance with the authorization of Sections 22a-90 to 22a-96 of the General Statutes as amended by Public Act 79-535, The Connecticut Coastal Management Act. If you wish to review the Town of Greenwich Regulations regarding development in the Coastal Overlay Zone please refer to Section 6-111 of the Building Zone Regulations (PDF).

The Town Zoning Map  and the Coastal Overlay Map can be found online, or you are welcome to view these maps in the Planning & Zoning office at Town Hall.

Show All Answers

1. Contact Us
2. What are the zoning setbacks for my property?
3. What is the zoning for my property?
4. When is Site Plan approval from the Planning and Zoning Commission required to build?
5. How does one report suspected zoning violations?
6. What are the regulations governing home offices and home occupations?
7. How do I obtain a house number and where must the number be displayed?
8. How large a house can I build?
9. Am I in the Coastal Overlay Zone?
10. What flood zone is my property in?
11. Where can I find more information about Building Zone and Subdivision Regulations?
12. What regulations govern the installation and relocation of signs?
13. What are the Coastal Area Management regulations?
14. What is FAR and what is included?
15. What is the role of the Architectural Review Committee in reviewing plans for exterior alterations and the installation of signs and awnings?
16. What are the regulations regarding having animals on my property?
17. Can I subdivide my property?
18. Where can I find additional guidance?
19. Is it permissible to add an apartment in a single-family home, or a guest cottage on a property?
20. What regulations govern the installation of fences and walls?