Major bridge construction on Sound Beach Avenue Bridge will commence on April 11, 2022. A temporary vehicular detour utilizing Harding Road and Forest Avenue will be in effect from April 11, 2022, to July 1, 2022. Pedestrians will be routed through Binney Park during construction. This critical project will replace a deteriorating bridge used by approximately 14,500 vehicles every day. To learn more about the project, please click HERE.
Project Improvement Features:
• Correct existing structural and functional deficiencies of the bridge.
• Relocate the sidewalk to the interior of the bridge and eliminate the old wooden pedestrian bridge.
• New curbing and sidewalk near the bridge.
• Additional drainage to improve run-off.
• Elimination of the bridge’s middle pier to improve hydraulic efficiency.
• New pavement and repaved markings on portions of Sound Beach Avenue near the bridge.
• Utilities better hidden from public view.