NEWS RELEASE 11/5/21 - COVID-19 Moderna Booster Vaccine Clinics Offered, UPDATED 11/23/21
The Greenwich Department of Health will be offering adult (18 years and older) COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine Booster Clinics by appointment only through the Vaccination Administration Management System (VAMS) program Guest Registration for scheduling a COVID-19 Vaccine (cdc.gov). Be sure to select COVID-19 vaccine and Booster dose when prompted. This Booster dose is for those individuals who have completed their two-shot series of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. All individuals who received the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine can receive a booster at least 2 months after their Johnson & Johnson vaccination. Please note that the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic will not be administering any flu shots, initial series of COVID-19 vaccinations or Third Dose COVID-19 vaccinations. Use this link to find other vaccination options CT Vaccine Portal Vaccine Finder.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) does support a booster dose of a different type of vaccine than what an individual received for their primary series, if they choose. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots CDC Expands Eligibility for COVID-19 Booster Shots | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC.
MODERNA VACCINE BOOSTER ELIGIBILITY
- All individuals who received a Johnson & Johnson vaccination should receive a booster 2 months or more from their initial shot
- Age 18 to 64 years who have already received a full vaccination series (2 shots) of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna Vaccine 6 months or greater from when the last shot was given
MODERNA BOOSTER VACCINATION CLINIC SCHEDULE IN VAMS
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 from 1 pm to 4 pm in the Greenwich Town Hall (Lower Level)
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 from 1 pm to 4 pm in the Greenwich Town Hall (Lower Level) ***NEW DATE ADDED***
Please follow VAMS for possible future Booster Vaccination Clinic dates
BOOSTER CLINIC REQUIREMENTS – MUST BRING TO CLINIC
- Must be registered in VAMS for attendance at the clinic. Appointments only. No walk-ins accepted
- Must have proof of COVID-19 Vaccination. A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, a snapshot of your vaccination card, a vaccination record document or any other proof of vaccination, all of which must have name, birthdate and vaccine type and dates of vaccination. All Connecticut residents who have lost their card, please visit CT WiZ Public Portal to print out a copy of your vaccination record
- Must have identification that confirms who you are as is relates to your proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Must wear a mask in the clinic as it is considered a medical setting
- Must sit for 15 minutes after receiving the Moderna vaccine booster
If you have any questions, contact the Department of Health. As a result of the pandemic, we may not be able to answer immediately. Please leave your name and contact number and someone will return your call as soon as possible.