News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/30/2021 7:46:37 PM to 6/30/2021 7:46:37 PM.
Parks & Rec - News
Posted on: June 30, 2021
[ARCHIVED] FOR THE LOVE OF PARKS AND RECREATION PHOTO CONTEST
July is Parks and Recreation Month, and to celebrate, we are holding a photo contest and looking for submissions that express what you love most about our public parks. The contest will run from July 1-30, with the winners announced in early August. Amateur participants are encouraged to enter.
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners!
- 1st: Foursome Golf Certificate for the Griff (2021)
- 2nd: (5) Single Entry Park Passes (2021)
- 3rd: Parks & Recreation Gift Basket
- Participants must be 18 years or older. Parents/guardians may submit photos taken by minors under 18. Employees and family members of the Greenwich Parks and Recreation Department are not eligible to participate.
- Photos must be taken in Greenwich, CT and must be of Parks and Recreation facilities, programs or events and not contain any identifiable person(s).
- Photos should be high quality originals, free of any filters or copyright infringements and include the right to distribute without restriction secured.
- A maximum of 4 photos may be submitted per participant. All entries must be submitted by 1 p.m. on Friday, July 30, 2021. NO late entries will be accepted.
- Digital photos must be in .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif format and must be a maximum of 20 MB total for all entries.
- Participants agree that the submitted photo(s) may be used by the Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation and its agents and employees for display and use, in part or entirety, in any of its communications, publications, website and social media.
- The Department of Parks and Recreation reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not comply with the terms and conditions set forth. Any material deemed obscene, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience or infringes upon any third party’s intellectual property rights will be automatically disqualified.
- Participants agree that the Department of Parks and Recreation is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, equipment or programming malfunction, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the photo contest, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors.
- Participants agree to release and hold harmless the Town of Greenwich, its directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind rising from or in connection with the photo contest.
- Judging will be conducted by a committee formed by the Department of Parks and Recreation.
The Town complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination, equal opportunity, affirmative action, and providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate, please contact the Commissioner of Human Services at 203-622-3800 or Demetria.email@example.com as soon as possible in advance of the event.