NEW Share-the-Fare Program
The Greenwich Commission on Aging announces the launch of the NEW Share-the-Fare Program on July 17, 2023, providing two subsidized transportation options for Greenwich residents age 62 and older.
What is Share-the-Fare?
- The Share-the-Fare program offers expanded transportation opportunities through a subsidized program with Greenwich Taxi and Uber.
- Participants book rides directly with either Greenwich Taxi or Uber and pay the fare with either Greenwich Taxi vouchers or Uber cards.
- Share-the-Fare taxi vouchers or Uber cards may be used for transportation to any desired location.
The Share-the-Fare program was created to supplement existing transportation options for older adult residents of the Town of Greenwich. It is not intended to meet individual needs or be the sole source of transportation for eligible residents.
- Five $10 Greenwich Taxi vouchers are available for $30 and can only be purchased in groups of five. Limit 10 vouchers ($100 value) per month.
- $50 UBER cards are available for purchase at $30 per card. Limit 2 cards ($100 value) per month.
Both options can be combined, but the total amount cannot exceed $100 per month.
Registration is mandatory. Verification of age and residency is required*.
Payment by credit card or checks (payable to "Share-the-Fare") only. Cash is not accepted.
Please refer to the Share-the-Fare policies and procedures for full details.
After you registered online, please allow us 1-2 business days to review and approve your submission and send you a confirmation email. After you received the confirmation email, you can call our office at 203-862-6710 to schedule an appointment to purchase Greenwich Taxi vouchers or Uber cards.
To register in person, please call the Commission on Aging at 203-862-6710 to schedule an appointment. You must bring the required documents for eligibility on the date of your appointment:
- Current Greenwich Senior Center member 62 years and older (no documentation needed)
- Driver's License, DMV Non-Driver ID, or Greenwich Parks & Rec One Pass card
Greenwich Commission on Aging office is located at 299 Greenwich Avenue.
if you have any questions or need additional information, call us at 203-862-6710.