Board of Assessment Appeals
Property Assessment Appeals
Applications and Hearings
- Applications for appeals of Real Estate and Personal Property assessment of the 2021 Grand List must be filed with the Board of Assessment Appeals no later then February 22, 2022 at 5PM. The appeal form must be completely filled out with all the information requested. If the property owner is not able to appear on the date or time the appointment is scheduled a substitute may appear on their behalf with a letter of authorization.
- The Board has the authority to increase, decrease or leave the assessment unchanged. Applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision by mail within two weeks after the last appeal is heard.
- Applicants who feel aggrieved by the Board or are dissatisfied with their decision may appeal to the Superior Court in their jurisdiction within 60 days of the notice from the Board.
- Applications will be available in the near future. Please check back with this website.
- Field Cards will be available online at the Assessor's Office Web Pages.
- Hearings for Real Estate and Personal Property appeals will be held in person, by appointment, beginning March 1, 2022 and will continue until all appeals are heard.
- Hearings for Motor Vehicle appeals will be held on September 13, 2022 between 5PM and 7PM. No appointment is needed for those appeals. The appeal form must be completely filled out with all the information requested.
- All appeals must be done in person. A representative may appear on an owners behalf with a signed letter of authorization from the property owner. All application forms must be filled out completely in order to receive an appointment.
Members of the Board of Assessment Appeals are elected by the citizens of the Town of Greenwich every two years during municipal elections. The purpose of the Board is to hear property appeals for taxpayers who feel that the Assessor erred in the valuation of their properties.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Mark Pruner, Chair
- Bill Grad
- Kit Mill
- Jeff Reardon
- Howard Richman
Contact the Board of Assessment Appeals
Email the Members of the BAA at email@example.com.
Phone: You may call the Board while it is in session at 203-618-7601. Note this phone is not monitored when the Board is not in session. Please use the email at all other times.
You may review them to acquaint yourself with the required information. You are encouraged to complete and submit the form online, but you may download the appropriate Board of Assessment Appeal form, print, sign and return it to:
Board of Assessment Appeals
Town of Greenwich
101 Field Point Road
Greenwich, CT 06830-2540