I Want to Run for Office

The Greenwich League of Women Voters has put together an excellent guide on how to run for office in Greenwich. The Registrars have reviewed the guide for accuracy and completeness. Download a copy of the guide (PDF).

Candidates should also understand that they must file paperwork with the State Elections Enforcement Commission (SEEC) to indicate how they will be funding their campaign. Even candidates who do not plan on spending any money need to file this paperwork. This paperwork is not received or maintained by the Registrars of Voters. It is collected by SEEC or in the case of municipal candidates by the Town Clerk.

Thinking of Running for RTM?

Please see this statement about recounts in close RTM elections.