Annual Parking Permits
Parking permits are issued on an annual basis and administered through the Department of Parking Services. The permits are only valid in the lots to which they are designated.
ANNUAL PARKING PERMIT RENEWALS: The period to renew annual Parking Permits has ended. Please check back in October 2022 for renewal information for 2023 annual Parking Permits.
Make Sure Your Information is updated
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the permit holder to notify the Department, immediately, of any changes in your information to ensure that any correspondence or materials are sent to you properly, including changes to your home address, email address, phone number, license plate(s), and vehicle information.
Remember, only two license plates are allowed per permit. Violations are issued to permit holders with invalid / unrecognized license plates.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
NEW Annual Parking Permits - Waitlist
If you are NOT a current permit holder and are interested in applying for an Annual Parking Permit, waitlists are in place for the various parking lots. You need to submit your name to a waitlist. You will be contacted via a letter when you become eligible to receive an annual Parking Permit application.
Please contact us at: email@example.com to do so.
Permit Types, Locations and Eligibility Requirements
NOTE: All outstanding parking citations must be paid in order to be eligible for a parking permit. Parking permits will not be released to individuals with outstanding parking citations.
Merchant Parking Permits - requires proof of employment
- Byram Parking Lot, Mill Street and William Street - $ 25
- Lafayette Place Parking Lot - $ 720
- Sound View Parking Lot (Greenwich) - $ 720
- Town Hall Garage - $ 456
- West End Avenue Parking Lot (Old Greenwich) - $ 165
- Greenwich Plaza (indoor garage), Level A - $ 720
- Greenwich (Horseneck Lane & Island Beach) Parking Lots - $ 456
- Town Hall Garage - $ 456 (Home address must be located in the Central Greenwich Business District)
Resident / Non-Resident Commuter Parking Permits - no proof is required
- Cos Cob Railroad Station - $ 456
- Old Greenwich Railroad Station - $ 456
- Riverside Railroad Station - $ 456
Central Greenwich Parking Permits - requires proof of employment or residency (dependent on permit type)
Central Greenwich Parking Permit holders are ONLY permitted to park in these designated lots.
- Central Greenwich Merchant - $ 720. Applicants must be employed at a business establishment within established boundaries in Central Greenwich.
- Central Greenwich Resident - $ 720. Applicants must reside within established boundaries in Central Greenwich.
- Fees include CT State sales tax (effective 1/1/20)
- Parking limited to 24 consecutive hours.
Departmental policy will not allow for any refunds, replacement or exchange of parking permits regardless of the circumstances. Any outstanding parking citations must be and paid in full before a permit will be issued, or renewed.
Note: Misuse and / or abuse of permit(s) that have been reported lost, stolen or transferred constitutes fraud and will be subject to prosecution, revocation of current permits(s), and / or denial of future permit(s).
PERMIT WAITLIST - If you wish to add your name to, or check your status on a parking permit waitlist, for a specific lot, this can be conducted online.
Please click here to be directed to the waitlist site.
Free parking on weekends and holidays at all Metro-North owned railroad parking lots (excludes Greenwich Plaza, Horseneck Lane, Island Beach, and Sound View) during Beach Ferry season.
**Summer Parking (Island Beach Parking Lot)
During Island Beach Ferry season parking will be permitted in the designated permitted areas and available on a first-come, first-served basis for beach parking only. Beach Pass Parking is reserved for Town residents with a Park (Beach) Pass in the designated spaces. Park (Beach) Passes are issued through the Department of Parks and Recreation. Beach Pass Parking is reserved for Island Beach goers, anyone found using the pass for commuting purposes will be subject to ticketing and revocation of their Park (Beach) Pass.
Parking Lot Maps
View maps of parking lots in the Town of Greenwich.