Planning & Zoning
2022 Outdoor Dining Process:
NOTE: Temporary Outdoor Dining is permitted this season pursuant to CT HB 5271, an act concerning the provision of outdoor food and beverage services and outdoor displays of goods. Changes from last year include that all applications must meet CT State Building Code and all sidewalks and pathways meet physical accessibility guidelines under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 USC 12101.
- Restaurants that want outdoor dining must submit this application to Planning and Zoning.
- If proposing use of Town Property for outdoor dining, please obtain and submit the Insurance Requirements Sheet from the Town Risk Manager (Megan.Damato@greenwichct.org), signed by the owner(s) of the establishment and submit a current certificate of insurance compliant with the Insurance Requirement Sheet
- Determine the fee for the barriers if applicable ( through email@example.com ) and the fee for the number of parking spaces you are taking up, if applicable (Kraig.Gray@greenwichct.org) – for your convenience you can submit one check made out to the Town of Greenwich as part of your application to Planning and Zoning.
- Questions about nodes, fees for nodes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about fees for use of public parking spaces: email@example.com
- Questions about insurance for outdoor dining on town property, contact the Town Risk Manager at: Megan.Damato@greenwichct.org
- Questions about Building Code compliance, ADA issues, tents, contact the Building Official: William.Marr@greenwichct.org or John.Vallerie@greenwichct.org
- Questions about fire code issues and special event permits for tents: Deputy Fire Marshall: Rob.Natale@greenwichct.org or Building Official: William.Marr@greenwichct.org
- Any questions about your Planning and Zoning application or general inquiries: Shanice.Becker@greenwichct.org or Town Planner Katie.DeLuca@greenwichct.org
Katie DeLuca, AICP
Director of Planning and Zoning
Wed Aug. 24
Tue Sep. 6
Wed Sep. 7
The Planning and Zoning Department is lead by Katie DeLuca, Director of Planning & Zoning / Zoning Enforcement Coordinator / Town Planner. The Planning and Zoning Department has 13 members:
- Applications Coordinator
- Assistant to Planning and Zoning Director
- Deputy Director of Planning and Zoning / Assistant Town Planner
- Director of Planning and Zoning / Zoning Enforcement Coordinator / Town Planner
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Planning Analyst
- Housing Specialist
- Planner I
- Senior Planner
- Two (2) Part-Time Administrative Staff Assistant II
- Two (2) Planner II
- see also Zoning Enforcement
Planning & Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission is a regulatory body composed of five regular members and three alternates who are appointed by the Representative Town Meeting and nominated by the Board of Selectmen. To view meeting agendas, please go here.