Planning & Zoning
The State gave no warning they were going to effectively create an extension of the rules that allow for outdoor dining outside of local zoning rules, but as you probably already know, they have done just that (thank goodness!!!). They did not extend the governor’s executive orders but instead created HB 6610, which acts in very similar ways.
Please read through this carefully:
If your previously approved temporary outdoor dining required that you obtain insurance and sign an indemnification agreement through the Town Risk Manager’s Office (basically if you are on Town property) OR you have a node created for you, please do the following:
- Submit a new temporary outdoor dining permit to Planning and Zoning – LINK TO THE PDF APPLICATION FORM 2021
- Obtain and submit the Insurance Requirements Sheet from the Town Risk Manager, signed by the owner(s) of the establishment and submit a current certificate of insurance compliant with the Insurance Requirement Sheet – LINK TO INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS.
- Determine the fee for the barriers if applicable (through email@example.com) and the fee for the number of parking spaces you are taking up, if applicable (firstname.lastname@example.org) – for your convenience you can submit one check made out to the Town of Greenwich as part of your application to Planning and Zoning.
If your previously approved Temporary Outdoor Dining does not fall in the above category, you do not need to come into P&Z unless you are changing your previously approved plan. If you are changing your plan, please simply submit a revised application)
If you have yet to file for a temporary Outdoor Dining Application and want to dine outside, please do so ASAP
Katie DeLuca, AICP
Director of Planning and Zoning
Tue Jun. 22
Wed Jun. 23
Wed Jun. 30
The Planning and Zoning Department is lead by Katie DeLuca, Director of Planning & Zoning / Zoning Enforcement Coordinator / Town Planner. The Planning and Zoning Department has 13 members:
- Applications Coordinator
- Assistant to Planning and Zoning Director
- Deputy Director of Planning and Zoning / Assistant Town Planner
- Director of Planning and Zoning / Zoning Enforcement Coordinator / Town Planner
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Planning Analyst
- Housing Specialist
- Planner I
- Senior Planner
- Two (2) Part-Time Administrative Staff Assistant II
- Two (2) Planner II
- see also Zoning Enforcement
Planning & Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission is a regulatory body composed of five regular members and three alternates who are appointed by the Representative Town Meeting and nominated by the Board of Selectmen. To view meeting agendas, please go here.