Coronavirus COVID-19 Update:
THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
TOWN HALL OFFICES ARE OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
DOG LICENSE RENEWALS
YOU HAVE JUNE & JULY
WITHOUT LATE FEE
DOG LICENSE APPLICATION SHOULD BE DONE THROUGH THE MAIL ONLY
1. ABSENTEE BALLOTS
PLEASE NOTE: THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT SENT AN ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION TO ALL REGISTERED VOTERS IN A PARTY FOR THE UPCOMING PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY - THIS IS ONLY FOR THE PRIMARY. SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO GO TO THE POLLS ON PRIMARY DAY OF AUGUST 11TH PLEASE DISREGARD THE APPLICATION YOU RECEIVED - NO NEED TO NOTIFY THE OFFICE.
If you are a registered voter and need an absentee ballot CLICK HERE
If you are not registered and living outside the U.S. CLICK HERE
Absentee ballots are available on July 21, 2020 for the primary on August 11, 2020 for registered voters.
2. BIRTH, DEATH & MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COPIES
Paperwork filled out at the hospital is the information on the certificate not a request for a certified copy. Birth Certificates are not automatically sent in Connecticut
For Birth Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Death Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Marriage License Requests CLICK HERE
Should you need further assistance with the above only CLICK HERE
ALL REQUESTS ARE BEING PROCESSED BY MAIL ONLY ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY.
3. LAND RECORDS - Access land records.
LAWYERS AND STATE MARSHALS SHOULD YOU NEED TO PHYSICALLY RECORD DOCUMENTS THE OFFICE WILL BE ACCEPTING THESE ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY 8AM-11:30AM Only time-sensitive recordings will be handled in the office. We are encouraging mailing all other recordings. Please call the office should you be unsure. Land Record vault will remain closed. Should you need older copies of land records or indexes please "Contact Us".
- WE ARE RECEIVING MAIL (UPS, FEDEX, USPS) DURING THIS TIME- DOCUMENTS ARE BEING RECORDED MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY.
SHOULD YOU NEED THE OFFICE PLEASE USE THE "CONTACT US" ON THIS PAGE
The Greenwich Town Clerk’s Office
- Manages all of the Town’s Land and Vital Records
- Is the Secretary for the Representative Town Meeting (RTM)
- Is the Absentee Elections Clerk for the Town
- Record, index, and certify copies of all Land and Vital Records
- Issue Burial Permits, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Shellfish Permits
- Maintain records of Births, Deaths and Marriages; Town Campaign Finance and All Election Records; Claims against the Town; Justices of the Peace; Landlord and Property Registrations; Liquor Permits; Military Discharges; Notary Public Certificates; Trade Name Certificates
- Prepare and publish RTM Meeting agendas; compile RTM Official Minutes
All done within the requirements of the Town Charter, State Statutes and Town Municipal Code