Coronavirus COVID-19 Update:
PLEASE NOTE AS OF MARCH 23, 2020 AT 10AM THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED TILL APRIL 22nd.
1. BIRTH, DEATH & MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COPIES - PLEASE SEE "VITAL RECORDS COPIES" ON THE LEFT SIDE - BEING PROCESSED BY MAIL ONLY
2. LAND RECORDS - LAWYERS AND STATE MARSHALS SHOULD YOU NEED TO PHYSICALLY RECORD DOCUMENTS THE OFFICE WILL BE ACCEPTING THESE ON WEDNESDAYS 9AM-11AM Only time-sensitive recordings will be handled in the office. We are encouraging mailing all other recordings. Please call the office shall you be unsure.
- WE ARE RECEIVING MAIL (UPS, FEDEX, USPS) DURING THIS TIME.
SHOULD YOU NEED THE OFFICE PLEASE USE THE "CONTACT US" ON THIS PAGE
THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
The Greenwich Town Clerk’s Office
- Manages all of the Town’s Land and Vital Records Access land records.
- Is the Secretary for the Representative Town Meeting (RTM)
- Is the Absentee Elections Clerk for the Town
- Record, index, and certify copies of all Land and Vital Records
- Issue Burial Permits, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Shellfish Permits
- Maintain records of Births, Deaths and Marriages; Town Campaign Finance and All Election Records; Claims against the Town; Justices of the Peace; Landlord and Property Registrations; Liquor Permits; Military Discharges; Notary Public Certificates; Trade Name Certificates
- Prepare and publish RTM Meeting agendas; compile RTM Official Minutes
All done within the requirements of the Town Charter, State Statutes and Town Municipal Code
If you are a registered voter and need an absentee ballot click here
Absentee ballots are available 30 days before the upcoming election.