Coronavirus COVID-19 Update:
THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
TOWN HALL OFFICES ARE OPEN 8am-4pm
NOVEMBER ELECTION - NOVEMBER 2, 2021
Please apply for the November election early as the absentee ballot becomes available October 1st. The absentee ballot application is located here Completed application can either be brought into the office or mailed in to Greenwich Town Clerk, 101 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830. Ballot boxes will become available on September 15th for applications and ballots to avoid US Postal Mail which is delayed.
THE OFFICE WILL BE OPEN FOR ABSENTEE BALLOTS ONLY ON OCTOBER 30TH FROM 8AM-12PM.
DOG LICENSES - JUNE IS DOG LICENSE MONTH. RENEWAL POSTCARDS WERE MAILED OUT AND YOU SHOULD BE RECEIVING THEM SHORTLY. RENEWALS NEED TO BE DONE BY JUNE 30TH WITHOUT PENALTY.
NEW LICENSES CAN BE DONE WITH THE APPLICATION HERE
LAND RECORDS -
All recordings are being handled in the office Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm.
Please call the office should you be unsure. Land Record vault will by open.
- WE ARE RECEIVING MAIL (UPS, FEDEX, USPS) DURING THIS TIME- DOCUMENTS ARE BEING RECORDED DAILY.
SHOULD YOU NEED THE OFFICE PLEASE USE THE "CONTACT US" ON THIS PAGE
BIRTH, DEATH & MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COPIES
Appointments are required for Marriage Licenses. Please see Marriage Licenses under "Permits & Licenses". - please contact the office should you need assistance . Should you need to contact us by email CLICK HERE
Paperwork filled out at the hospital is the information on the certificate not a request for a certified copy. Birth Certificates are not automatically sent in Connecticut
For Birth Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Death Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Marriage Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
The Greenwich Town Clerk’s Office
- Manages all of the Town’s Land and Vital Records
- Is the Secretary for the Representative Town Meeting (RTM)
- Is the Absentee Elections Clerk for the Town
- Record, index, and certify copies of all Land and Vital Records
- Issue Burial Permits, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Shellfish Permits
- Maintain records of Births, Deaths and Marriages; Town Campaign Finance and All Election Records; Claims against the Town; Justices of the Peace; Landlord and Property Registrations; Liquor Permits; Military Discharges; Notary Public Certificates; Trade Name Certificates
- Prepare and publish RTM Meeting agendas; compile RTM Official Minutes
All done within the requirements of the Town Charter, State Statutes and Town Municipal Code