Coronavirus COVID-19 Update:
THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
TOWN HALL OFFICES ARE OPEN 8am-1pm APPOINTMENTS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
LAND RECORDS -
All recordings are being handled in the office Monday-Friday from 8am-1pm.
Please call the office should you be unsure. Land Record vault will by appointment only and only for searches prior to the online index.
- WE ARE RECEIVING MAIL (UPS, FEDEX, USPS) DURING THIS TIME- DOCUMENTS ARE BEING RECORDED DAILY.
SHOULD YOU NEED THE OFFICE PLEASE USE THE "CONTACT US" ON THIS PAGE
BIRTH, DEATH & MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COPIES
The office is working by appointment only. Should you need to contact us CLICK HERE
Paperwork filled out at the hospital is the information on the certificate not a request for a certified copy. Birth Certificates are not automatically sent in Connecticut
For Birth Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Death Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Marriage License Requests CLICK HERE
ALL REQUESTS ARE BEING PROCESSED BY MAIL ONLY ON MONDAY-FRIDAY.
The Greenwich Town Clerk’s Office
- Manages all of the Town’s Land and Vital Records
- Is the Secretary for the Representative Town Meeting (RTM)
- Is the Absentee Elections Clerk for the Town
- Record, index, and certify copies of all Land and Vital Records
- Issue Burial Permits, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Shellfish Permits
- Maintain records of Births, Deaths and Marriages; Town Campaign Finance and All Election Records; Claims against the Town; Justices of the Peace; Landlord and Property Registrations; Liquor Permits; Military Discharges; Notary Public Certificates; Trade Name Certificates
- Prepare and publish RTM Meeting agendas; compile RTM Official Minutes
All done within the requirements of the Town Charter, State Statutes and Town Municipal Code