The Town Clerk's Office, Vital Statistics, and Land Records Vault
OPEN 8 am - 4 pm Monday - Friday.
Republican Town Committee Primary - March 5, 2024
Polling places will be open 6am - 8pm
Absentee Ballots will be available February 13, 2024 - Application HERE
Special Saturday hours for Absentee only March 2, 2024 8am-12pm
Presidential Preference Primary - April 2, 2024
Polling Places will be open 6am - 8pm
Absentee Ballots will be available March 12, 2024 - Application HERE
Special Saturday hours for Absentee only March 30, 2024 8am-12pm
- The Town Clerk's Office now accepts e-Recordings for select Land Record documents via 2 services, CSC & ePN. e-Recordings are accepted 8am — 2:45 pm EST Monday — Friday. Closed Holidays.
Our land records vault is open daily during regular business hours and records are available online. Records are digitized back to the 1920s thru present day. The process of digitizing land records, from inception, is an ongoing project, as records are added the online search engine is updated.
Find out how to search Digital Land Records here.
Birth, Death & Marriage Certificate Copies
Appointments are required for Marriage Licenses. Please see Marriage Licenses under "Permits & Licenses". - please contact the office should you need assistance. Should you need to contact us by email CONTACT VITAL RECORDS CLICK HERE
Paperwork filled out at the hospital is the information on the certificate not a request for a certified copy. Birth Certificates are not automatically sent in Connecticut
For Birth Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Death Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Marriage Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
Purchase VITAL RECORDS ONLINE HERE
The Greenwich Town Clerk’s Office
- Manages all of the Town’s Land and Vital Records
- Is the Secretary for the Representative Town Meeting (RTM)
- Is the Absentee Elections Clerk for the Town
- Record, index, and certify copies of all Land and Vital Records
- Issue Burial Permits, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Shellfish Permits
- Maintain records of Births, Deaths and Marriages; Town Campaign Finance and All Election Records; Claims against the Town; Justices of the Peace; Landlord and Property Registrations; Liquor Permits; Military Discharges; Notary Public Certificates; Trade Name Certificates
- Prepare and publish RTM Meeting agendas; compile RTM Official Minutes
All Town Clerk responsibilities meet the requirements of the Town Charter, State Statutes, and Town Municipal Code.