The Town Clerk's Office, Vital Statistics, and Land Records Vault are OPEN 8 am-4 pm Monday - Friday.
All Land Records are recorded daily in person in the Town Clerk's office or may be mailed via UPS, FedEx, UPS to Town Clerk, 101 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830.
Our land records vault is open and records are available online Records are digitized back to the 1930s, and we are adding new digital records all of the time.
Find out how to search Digital Land Records here.
Birth, Death & Marriage Certificate Copies
Appointments are required for Marriage Licenses. Please see Marriage Licenses under "Permits & Licenses". - please contact the office should you need assistance. Should you need to contact us by email CONTACT VITAL RECORDS CLICK HERE
Paperwork filled out at the hospital is the information on the certificate not a request for a certified copy. Birth Certificates are not automatically sent in Connecticut
For Birth Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Death Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Marriage Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
Dogs 6 months and older need to be licensed in the State of Connecticut. Find out more here.
The Greenwich Town Clerk’s Office
- Manages all of the Town’s Land and Vital Records
- Is the Secretary for the Representative Town Meeting (RTM)
- Is the Absentee Elections Clerk for the Town
- Record, index, and certify copies of all Land and Vital Records
- Issue Burial Permits, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Shellfish Permits
- Maintain records of Births, Deaths and Marriages; Town Campaign Finance and All Election Records; Claims against the Town; Justices of the Peace; Landlord and Property Registrations; Liquor Permits; Military Discharges; Notary Public Certificates; Trade Name Certificates
- Prepare and publish RTM Meeting agendas; compile RTM Official Minutes
All Town Clerk responsibilities meet the requirements of the Town Charter, State Statutes, and Town Municipal Code.