Coronavirus COVID-19 Update:
THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
TOWN HALL OFFICES ARE OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
ABSENTEE BALLOTS- All voters are eligible to vote by absentee ballot in the general election held on November 3, 2020 due to the COVID-19, pursuant to Public Act 20-03 July Spec. Sess. Just check the COVID-19 box on the application. The SOTS will be sending applications to all registered voters in CT in mid September - please respond quickly to avoid delays *please only fill out one application to avoid extra workload on the office that is already overloaded
ALL ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE THE DROP BOXES FOR RETURN OF THEIR APPLICATION AND BALLOT 1-TOWN HALL VISITOR PARKING LOT 2-PUBLIC SAFETY COMPLEX LOBBY
If you are registered and need absentee application for November 2020 CLICK HERE
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ALREADY APPLIED - There is a database which can help you to track if the Town Clerk has received your AB application or ballot. Please visit this link during election season, And please pay attention to the effective date of the data. If you still have questions, contact us listed above.
PLEASE MAIL COMPLETE FORM TO: TOWN CLERK'S OFFICE, 101 FIELD POINT ROAD, GREENWICH, CT 06830
BALLOTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM OCTOBER 2, 2020 AND WILL START BEING MAILED
If you are not registered and living outside the U.S. CLICK HERE
BIRTH, DEATH & MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COPIES
Paperwork filled out at the hospital is the information on the certificate not a request for a certified copy. Birth Certificates are not automatically sent in Connecticut
For Birth Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Death Certificate Requests CLICK HERE
For Marriage License Requests CLICK HERE
Should you need further assistance with the above only CLICK HERE
ALL REQUESTS ARE BEING PROCESSED BY MAIL ONLY ON MONDAY-FRIDAY.
LAND RECORDS - Access land records here
ALL RECORDINGS AND STATE MARSHALL SERVICES ARE BEING HANDLED AT THE DOOR OF TOWN HALL MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY 8AM- 11:30AM. PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE TOWN HALL SO SOMEONE CAN ASSIST YOU.
Only time-sensitive recordings will be handled in the office. We are encouraging mailing all other recordings. Please call the office should you be unsure. Land Record vault will remain closed. Should you need older copies of land records or indexes please "Contact Us".
- WE ARE RECEIVING MAIL (UPS, FEDEX, USPS) DURING THIS TIME- DOCUMENTS ARE BEING RECORDED DAILY.
SHOULD YOU NEED THE OFFICE PLEASE USE THE "CONTACT US" ON THIS PAGE
The Greenwich Town Clerk’s Office
- Manages all of the Town’s Land and Vital Records
- Is the Secretary for the Representative Town Meeting (RTM)
- Is the Absentee Elections Clerk for the Town
- Record, index, and certify copies of all Land and Vital Records
- Issue Burial Permits, Dog Licenses, Marriage Licenses, Shellfish Permits
- Maintain records of Births, Deaths and Marriages; Town Campaign Finance and All Election Records; Claims against the Town; Justices of the Peace; Landlord and Property Registrations; Liquor Permits; Military Discharges; Notary Public Certificates; Trade Name Certificates
- Prepare and publish RTM Meeting agendas; compile RTM Official Minutes
All done within the requirements of the Town Charter, State Statutes and Town Municipal Code