The Town of Greenwich Connecticut Purchasing Department purchases a variety of goods and services. In all our procurement activities with actual and potential vendors, every effort is made to enhance the Town’s reputation of a progressive agency, instituting the core values of business integrity and fairness and equity to all other vendors in its procurement process.
The Purchasing Department is responsible for the acquisition of supplies, materials, equipment and services required by all town departments. This is accomplished by the determination of applicable procurement procedures, price and vendor selections, placement of purchase orders and procurement contract administration.
- To centrally receive and distribute certain common supplies to be transferred to other departments/offices, and to coordinate the redistribution, auction, sales or other lawful means of disposal of Town property that has been placed or declared surplus.
- Promotes environmentally preferable purchasing (“Green Initiatives”) in its acquisition of goods and services and consider life cycles effects from pollution, waste generation, energy consumption, and potential impact on health and nature in its procurement decisions.
- The State Charter permits the Board of Education to maintain its own purchasing department.
Bids / Proposals
- "Requests for Proposal" (RFPs) and "Requests for Bid" (RFBs) are available upon request or by downloading from the Bids Module.
- The Town of Greenwich makes no guarantee as to the completeness or accuracy of downloaded RFBs or RFPs.
- Bids/proposals must be received in hard copy in the Purchasing Department by the deadline date and time in order to be considered. Please be advised that the Town of Greenwich Purchasing Department does not accept bids or proposals by email or fax.