Purchasing & Administrative Services
The Purchasing and Administrative Services Department reports directly to the First Selectman and is responsible for all purchasing and administrative services for Town Government.
Purchasing & Administrative Services – COVID-19 Updates
UPDATE 7/30/2020: By appointment only, the Purchasing Department will be accepting hand delivered bids/proposals. Call (203) 622-7881 or send an email to schedule an appointment.
UPDATE 5/19/2020: Until further notice, the Purchasing Department will not be holding public bid openings. All tabulations will be posted to the website as soon as possible.
Meeting rooms will remain closed to the public until further notice. Previously scheduled reservations are cancelled until further notice.
The Purchasing & Administrative Services Department will be updating this page regularly as this situation evolves.
Please check regularly on our Public Bidding page for any addenda posted regarding our current RFB/RFPs.
Frequently Asked Questions of Operations During the COVID-19 Outbreak
How can I contact the Purchasing & Administrative Services Department?
- Please email our Procurement Staff Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I obtain a posted RFB/RFP?
- All posted RFB/RFPs can be viewed and printed from the Public Bidding page on our website.
How will I know the bid results if the bid openings are now closed to the public?
- All bid results on opened projects can be viewed on the RFB & RFP Tabulations page. We will work diligently to post them as soon as possible.
How can I request to be added to the vendor notification list.
- You can request to be added to a notification list via email. Please include the name of the company, a complete mailing address, and the services/products the company offers.
- You can also sign up for RFB/RFP email alerts that will allow you to stay up to date with all of our RFB/RFP postings. You will even be alerted when an addendum is issued. Visit the Public Bidding page and select “Sign Up” at the top of the page.
I have been awarded a contract and need to sign it, how will this be handled?
- At this time contracts are being mailed out for signature. Signed contracts shall be returned by USPS mail, or an overnight delivery service (UPS, FedEx, etc).
How do I request a meeting room?
- Meeting rooms will remain closed to the public until further notice. Previously scheduled reservations are cancelled until further notice. For future date requests please view the Town Hall Meeting Room Facility Policy and application on our Administrative Services page.
The Town of Greenwich Connecticut Purchasing Department purchases a variety of goods and services. In all our procurement activities with actual and potential vendors, every effort is made to enhance the Town’s reputation of a progressive agency, instituting the core values of business integrity and fairness and equity to all other vendors in its procurement process.
Bids/proposals must be received in hard copy in the Purchasing Department by the deadline date and time in order to be considered. Please be advised that the Town of Greenwich Purchasing Department does not accept bids or proposals by email or fax.
This table shows the results of Request for Bids and Request for Proposals recently opened.
The mission of the Administrative Services Center is to provide support services to user Town departments in a timely and cost effective manner.