Waste Disposal & Recycling
Current information on operations:
- Please comply with social distancing and bring your mask when you visit the site.
- There are new traffic patterns and there may be delays as we manage traffic through the site, particularly on Saturdays. Please be patient.
- Hours continue to be M-F 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM and Sat 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM. PLEASE make every effort to limit your trips and come during the week.
- As of July 1, 2020 residents need a new permit CLICK HERE TO APPLY. No permits will be issued at Holly Hill.
*Household Hazardous Waste Day has been postponed. Once a new date has been determined it will be posted to the Website.
* Book Swap program is temporarily on hold. If you are unable to wait, you may still recycle the books per recycling guidelines. Please check back periodically for updates.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Notice is hereby given that the Town of Greenwich, through action of its Representative Town Meeting, has revised Chapter 9 of the Town Code dealing with Waste Collection and Disposal.
Transfer Station/Disposal Permit Requirements
All residential vehicles entering the Holly Hill Facility must have and properly display a Holly Hill Permit.
Residents can bring their trash, garbage, refuse, yard debris and recyclables to Holly Hill, or hire a private collector to pick up the trash at home. To find the name of a licensed collector in your area, use this list of licensed collectors (PDF).
Please note: Roll-off or hook type vehicles, carrying any size dumpsters, cannot use this facility. Using such vehicles are only permitted if you are a licensed refuse hauler in Greenwich using such vehicles as a "satellite" vehicle to haul refuse and recycling.
Not Accepted at Holly Hill
- Commercial Medical Waste
- Hazardous (Flammable, Reactive, Corrosive, Toxic) Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Prescription Medicines (PDF)
Note: The Transfer Station does not accept boats. Please contact a nearby
Marina for the proper disposal of your personal watercraft.