Frontage Rd, Delavan Ave & Ritch Ave Improvements
The Frontage Road, Delavan Avenue, and Ritch Avenue Improvement Project will commence on Tuesday, September 21.
Town of Greenwich Department of Public Works devised this project after identifying an opportunity to make this area more pedestrian and bicyclist-friendly, along with incorporating traffic calming measures. This project is part of the DPW Engineering Division’s ongoing efforts to work with the State of Connecticut’s Local Transportation Capital Improvements Program. It is anticipated that one-lane traffic will start around the third week of October during the median construction. Construction is projected to end January 2022 and will be completely finished by Spring of 2022 after Frontage Road, Delavan Avenue, and Ritch Avenue are paved. Project completion is dependent on weather and any unforeseen complications. It is recommended that the public gives themselves extra time when going out in case there is a lane closure or extra traffic due to construction.
- The Frontage Road corridor has been identified for improvements and will include the addition of multi-use trails, ada sidewalk ramps, imprinted crosswalks.
- The project includes improvements to traffic conditions by the redesign of lane widths, turning movements, and updating of the traffic signals.
- The construction will have minimal environmental impacts.
- Any necessary posted detours will be in place throughout the duration of the project.
Anticipated Project Timeline
- September 2021 – Construction Starts
- January 2021 – Construction Completion
- The Frontage Road Corridor will utilize one-lane traffic throughout the duration of the project.
- All local driveway access will be maintained throughout construction.
- I-95 Northbound/Southbound ramps will be under construction during night hours only.
Contact: Sean T. Cardwell, Civil Engineer
DPW- Engineering Division