The Assessor’s primary objective is to ensure that all taxable property located within Greenwich is assessed in accordance with CT State law, so that all assessments are fair and equitable.  To accomplish this objective, the Assessor’s Office is responsible for discovery, listing and valuation of all property within Greenwich.  This includes Real Estate, Motor Vehicle and Personal Property. All property is assessed at 70 percent of fair market value.  The annual Grand List is a record of all Taxable and Tax-exempt property in Greenwich assessed as of October 1 every year.  In addition, the Assessor is responsible for reviewing and approving property tax relief programs.  Credits & Benefits       

Obtaining Information on a Property

The Assessor’s Office has public access computer terminals for public use between 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to access property records.  Please call 203-622-7885 for an appointment.

Property Record Cards

If you need information on a particular property, you may call the Assessor’s Office 203-622-7885.  Information provided by phone may be limited so that  we may keep the phone lines available to others.  Also, you may request information by email,

Requests for mailed copies of field cards should be addressed to the Assessor’s Office and must include $1.00 per field card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Requests for email copies of field cards should be addressed to the Assessor’s Office and must include $1.00 per field card and your email address.  

Grand List Books 

Copies of Grand List books are available in hard copy for $40.  A CD-ROM containing the Grand List data is available for $30. Copies are available for purchase by cash or check in our office or by mail ($5 shipping).

Assessor Maps

Assessor maps are available for $1.00 per page. You must provide a self- addressed, stamped envelope with your request or your email address. Maps are also available at the Assessor’s Office, Town Hall, first floor.

Other Sources of Real Estate Data

  • Information on zoning related matters are best addressed through the Planning and Zoning Department (P&Z).
  • Information on taxes due may be obtained in the Tax Collector’s Office (Tax Collector).  
  • All deeds and sales transactions are recorded in the Town Clerk’s Office (Town Clerk).