Forms and Applications

2022 Outdoor Dining Process:


NOTE: Temporary Outdoor Dining is permitted this season pursuant to CT HB 5271, an act concerning the provision of outdoor food and beverage services and outdoor displays of goods.  Changes from last year include that all applications must meet CT State Building Code and all sidewalks and pathways meet physical accessibility guidelines under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 USC 12101.

  1. Restaurants that want outdoor dining must submit this application to Planning and Zoning.
  2. If proposing use of Town Property for outdoor dining, please obtain and submit the Insurance Requirements Sheet from the Town Risk Manager (, signed by the owner(s) of the establishment and submit a current certificate of insurance compliant with the Insurance Requirement Sheet – LINK TO INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS.
  3. Determine the fee for the barriers if applicable ( through ) and the fee for the number of parking spaces you are taking up, if applicable ( – for your convenience you can submit one check made out to the Town of Greenwich as part of your application to Planning and Zoning.


  1. Questions about nodes, fees for nodes:
  2. Questions about fees for use of public parking spaces:
  3. Questions about insurance for outdoor dining on town property, contact the Town Risk Manager at: 
  4. Questions about Building Code compliance, ADA issues, tents, contact the Building Official: or
  5. Questions about fire code issues and special event permits for tents: Deputy Fire Marshall: or Building Official:
  6. Any questions about your Planning and Zoning application or general inquiries: or Town Planner

Thanks, Katie


Katie DeLuca, AICP

Director of Planning and Zoning

Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency:

All completed permit-need determination forms, aka “greensheets,” sign-off forms should be sent electronically to Please remember to include a site plan depicting the proposed activity with the greensheet.

As a reminder, greensheet forms as well as all permit application forms and checklists can be found on the Town of Greenwich website. Questions that do not require a greensheet or other sign-off can be made via email at between the hours of 8am and 1pm, Monday through Friday. We will gladly work with you by  email to answer questions and transmit information to the best of our ability.

All new permit submissions should be made electronically with hard copies delivered via appointment only. Applications Coordinator Doreen Carroll-Andrews will review the material and contact you to confirm receipt and identify any missing information. If you have any questions regarding the processes outlined above, please contact

Planning & Zoning Commission:

Planning and Zoning (P&Z) staff is diligently working to ensure we keep business running as smoothly as we can during the pandemic so that you also can keep things moving. To that end, please note the following:

Building Permit Questions: If you have questions regarding a building permit, please contact the Building Department directly with these questions for the fastest response. 

Planning and Zoning Meetings: The Planning & Zoning Commission will be holding virtual meetings via Zoom until further notice. Our upcoming meetings will follow the 2022 Meeting Schedule (PDF). To learn more about the Virtual P&Z Commission Meetings, go here. Applications are still being accepted. See below, "Application submissions".

Counter hours: Town Hall is open to the public from 8AM to 4PM weekdays, and Planning and Zoning Counter is from 9-12pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  A "virtual" counter continues to be available from 8AM to 4PM daily, which are extended hours. Initial contact with staff may be established via email using this link. Select "Planning and Zoning" under the "select a category" tab to reach us. From there, you can work with staff to show them plans, setup phone calls, etc. Staff will gladly work with you to answer any other questions regarding a property and will generally be able to email you documentation, aerial screenshots, etc.

Application submissions: Applications are still being accepted for all application types. To submit an Architectural Review Committee (ARC) application, please e-mail Marisa Anastasio, Senior Planner at

To submit any other application type, please contact the Applications Coordinator at  Applications, checklists, and other information can be found on the website through this link, .

Although we are accepting digital submissions, you will be required to send in a paper copy of your application with a check to the following address. The mail will be retrieved once a week. You can expect your check to be cashed shortly thereafter.

Town Hall, Planning and Zoning Department

101 Field Point Road

Greenwich, CT 06830

Lastly: We are open to suggestions on how to improve this system to better serve our applicant’s and the public. Please freely connect with us and share your thoughts.


Patricia Sesto                                                               Katie DeLuca

Director of Environmental Affairs                                 Director of Planning

Architectural Review Committee

Exterior Alteration Application (PDF)

Sign and Awning Review Application (PDF)

Signage Application Example #1

Signage Application Example #2

Building Inspection 

Forms for the Building Inspection page are here

Geographic Information Systems (GIS)

Abutter Request (PDF)

Data Request (PDF)

Map Request (PDF)

Records Request (PDF)

Historic District Commission

Advisory Opinion (PDF)

Certificate of Appropriateness (PDF)

Planning & Zoning

Site Plan Applications and Forms

Site Plan Application - Commission Items and Special Permits (PDF)

Site Plan Pre-Application Review Forms (PDF)  

Site Plan Administrative Form - Administrative Application (PDF)

Site Plan Administrative Form - Coastal Area Management (CAM) Application (PDF)

Extension Letter for Site Plans / BZR / Rezoning / Special Permits (PDF)

Municipal Improvement Application (PDF)

Outdoor Dining Permit Renewal Application (PDF)

Petition for Street Name Change (PDF)

Special Events and Tent Review Application (PDF)

Street Number Application (PDF)

Wireless Telecommunication Facilities Application - On Private Land (PDF)

Wireless Telecommunication Facilities Application - On Public Land (PDF)

Zone Change Procedure (PDF)

Scenic Road Form

Scenic Road Designation (PDF)

Subdivision Forms

Subdivision Application (PDF)

Extension Letter for Subdivision Applications (PDF)

Housing Applications

Affordable Accessory Apartment (6-99) Application (PDF)

Elderly Accessory Apartment (6-99) Application (PDF)

Affordable (8-30g) Unit Application (RENTAL) (PDF)

Affordable (8-30g) Unit Application (SALE) (PDF)

MID (6-110) Unit Application (RENTAL) (PDF)

MID (6-110) Unit Application (SALE) (PDF)

Coastal Review Resources

Application for Review of Coastal State Plan (PDF)

Coastal Area Management - Connecticut General Statutes (PDF)

Coastal Regulatory Agencies (PDF)

Improvement Damage Review (PDF)

Other Resources

Estimated Water Demand (PDF)

2022 Planning and Zoning Fee Schedule (PDF)

Site Distance Certification Standard Format (PDF)

Traffic Impact Evaluation Form (PDF)


Click here for Wetlands Applications & Forms.

Zoning Enforcement

Appendix of Zoning Diagrams (PDF)

Checklist for Zoning Permit Application (PDF)

Cubic Volume Calculation (PDF)

Chronological List of Amendments, 1979-Present (PDF)

Floor Area Ratio (aka FAR) Worksheet (PDF)

FEMA Elevation Certificate (PDF)

Grade Plane Sample (PDF)

Generator Zoning Application (PDF)

Regulatory Index by Subject (PDF)

Schedule of Height and Bulk Regulations - Business (PDF)

Schedule of Height and Bulk Regulations - Residential (PDF)

Schedule of Uses - Business (PDF)

Schedule of Uses - Residential (PDF)

Substantial Improvement Damage Review (PDF)

Zoning Permit Application (PDF)

Planning & Zoning Board of Appeals

Affidavit of Notification of Appeal (PDF)

Application Form and Instructions for Appeal to PZBA (PDF)

Zoning Permit Application (PDF)