Forms and Applications
2022 Outdoor Dining Process:
NOTE: Temporary Outdoor Dining is permitted this season pursuant to CT HB 5271, an act concerning the provision of outdoor food and beverage services and outdoor displays of goods. Changes from last year include that all applications must meet CT State Building Code and all sidewalks and pathways meet physical accessibility guidelines under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 USC 12101.
- Restaurants that want outdoor dining must submit this application to Planning and Zoning.
- If proposing use of Town Property for outdoor dining, please obtain and submit the Insurance Requirements Sheet from the Town Risk Manager (Megan.Damato@greenwichct.org), signed by the owner(s) of the establishment and submit a current certificate of insurance compliant with the Insurance Requirement Sheet
- Determine the fee for the barriers if applicable ( through email@example.com ) and the fee for the number of parking spaces you are taking up, if applicable (Kraig.Gray@greenwichct.org) – for your convenience you can submit one check made out to the Town of Greenwich as part of your application to Planning and Zoning.
- Questions about nodes, fees for nodes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about fees for use of public parking spaces: email@example.com
- Questions about insurance for outdoor dining on town property, contact the Town Risk Manager at: Megan.Domato@greenwichct.org
- Questions about Building Code compliance, ADA issues, tents, contact the Building Official: William.Marr@greenwichct.org or John.Vallerie@greenwichct.org
- Questions about fire code issues and special event permits for tents: Deputy Fire Marshall: Rob.Natale@greenwichct.org or Building Official: William.Marr@greenwichct.org
- Any questions about your Planning and Zoning application or general inquiries: Shanice.Becker@greenwichct.org or Town Planner Katie.DeLuca@greenwichct.org
Katie DeLuca, AICP
Director of Planning and Zoning
Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency:
All completed permit-need determination forms, aka “greensheets,” sign-off forms should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include a site plan depicting the proposed activity with the greensheet.
As a reminder, greensheet forms as well as all permit application forms and checklists can be found on the Town of Greenwich website here. Questions that do not require a greensheet or other sign-off can be made via email at email@example.com between the hours of 8am and 1pm, Monday through Friday. We will gladly work with you by email to answer questions and transmit information to the best of our ability.
All new permit submissions should be made electronically with hard copies delivered via appointment only. Applications Coordinator Peter Mangs will review the material and contact you to confirm receipt and identify any missing information. If you have any questions regarding the processes outlined above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning & Zoning Commission:
Planning and Zoning (P&Z) staff is diligently working to ensure we keep business running as smoothly as we can during the pandemic so that you also can keep things moving. To that end, please note the following:
Building Permit Questions: If you have questions regarding a building permit, please contact the Building Department directly with these questions for the fastest response.
Planning and Zoning Meetings: The Planning & Zoning Commission will be holding virtual meetings via Zoom until further notice. Our upcoming meetings will follow the 2022 Meeting Schedule (PDF). To learn more about the Virtual P&Z Commission Meetings, go here. Applications are still being accepted. See below, "Application submissions".
Counter hours: Town Hall is open to the public from 8AM to 4PM weekdays, and Planning and Zoning Counter is from 9-12pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. A "virtual" counter continues to be available from 8AM to 4PM daily, which are extended hours. Initial contact with staff may be established via email using this link. Select "Planning and Zoning" under the "select a category" tab to reach us. From there, you can work with staff to show them plans, setup phone calls, etc. Staff will gladly work with you to answer any other questions regarding a property and will generally be able to email you documentation, aerial screenshots, etc.
Application submissions: Applications are still being accepted for all application types. To submit an Architectural Review Committee (ARC) application, please e-mail Marisa Anastasio, Senior Planner at Marisa.Anastasio@greenwichct.org.
To submit any other application type, please contact the Applications Coordinator at PnZappl@greenwichct.org Applications, checklists, and other information can be found on the website through this link, https://www.greenwichct.gov/1142/Forms-and-Applications .
Although we are accepting digital submissions, you will be required to send in a paper copy of your application with a check to the following address. The mail will be retrieved once a week. You can expect your check to be cashed shortly thereafter.
Town Hall, Planning and Zoning Department
101 Field Point Road
Greenwich, CT 06830
Lastly: We are open to suggestions on how to improve this system to better serve our applicant’s and the public. Please freely connect with us and share your thoughts.
Patricia Sesto Katie DeLuca
Director of Environmental Affairs Director of Planning
Architectural Review Committee
Forms for the Building Inspection page are here.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Historic District Commission
Planning & Zoning
Site Plan Applications and Forms
Scenic Road Form
Coastal Review Resources
Click here for Wetlands Applications & Forms.